So elegant! These flaky, egg-batter quick breads are America's answer to Yorkshire pudding. As a traditional accompaniment to a roast beef dinner, they're best served warm, straight from the oven, ready to soak up extra gravy. A lovely surprise for your next dinner guests or holiday meal.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1/4 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
1. Place 12 heavily greased iron popover pans or custard cups in 450° F oven.
2. Crush cereal into fine crumbs and mix with flour and salt in 4 cup liquid
measure. Set aside.
3. Combine well-beaten eggs, milk and cooled, melted butter. Add to flour
mixture, beating until smooth. (Don't be afraid of overbeating.) Pour batter into
heated pans until 1/2 full.
4. Bake at 450°F about 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F and bake 15 minutes
5. Remove immediately from pans and cut slit in side of each popover to allow
steam to escape. Serve immediately.