Pollo Pomodoro Panini Recipe
These veggie burger sandwiches feature fresh spinach, basil and tomato.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 1/4-inch-thick slices, firm-textured tomato
- 1 8-to 9-inch focaccia, cut into fourths and split horizontally*
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 Morningstar Farms® Chik Patties® Original Buy Now
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese (about 1 oz. each)(optional)
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
1. In small bowl combine Parmesan cheese, basil and garlic. Sprinkle over one side of each tomato slice. Set aside.
2. Brush cut sides of focaccia with olive oil. Set aside.
3. Coat cold grill rack with nonstick coating. Preheat grill. Place patties on grill rack over medium heat. Grill for 6 minutes. Turn patties. Grill for 2 minutes more. Top each patty with cheese slice, if desired. Place tomato slices, Parmesan side up, and bread pieces, oil side down, alongside patties on grill rack. Grill about 2 minutes more or until cheese begins to melt and bread begins to brown.**
4. Arrange spinach on half of the bread pieces. Top with patties, tomato slices and remaining bread pieces. Serve immediately.