A favorite with kids! Take a bite ? you'll be pleased to find that these delicious biscuits are filled with a sweet surprise. Orange marmalade adds just the right touch of fruity flavor to complement the tender biscuit. They're a lovely breakfast treat ? whip up a batch this weekend and wait for the smiles. .
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
1. Combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and milk. Let stand about 2 minutes
or until cereal softens.
2. In large mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Using pastry
blender, cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add cereal
mixture, stirring only until combined.
3. Turn dough out on lightly floured board and knead gently 5 times. Roll out to
1/4 inch in thickness. Cut into ovals, 2 inches long and 1 inch in thickness. Cut
slit in one end of oval. Put teaspoon of marmalade in the middle of each oval.
Bring uncut end of dough through slit. Place on ungreased baking sheet.
4. Bake at 450° F about 10 minutes or golden brown. Serve hot.