Plum Marmalade Coffeecake
Orange marmalade and fresh purple plums make this upside-down coffeecake lovely to look at. This delicious and unusual cake is perfect for a break in a busy afternoon or during book club. Serve it with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a rich and elegant treat.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 3 purple plums
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, softened
1. Spread marmalade evenly over bottom of 9-inch round cake pan coated with
cooking spray. Remove pits from plums and thinly slice. Mix together plums,
brown sugar and the 2 tablespoons flour. Arrange over marmalade. Set aside.
2. Stir together flours, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
3. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and milk. Let
stand about 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg and margarine. Beat well.
Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Spread evenly over plums in pan.
4. Bake at 400°F about 25 minutes or until cake is golden brown. Remove from
oven and invert immediately on serving plate. Serve warm or cold.