Turn your ordinary meatloaf into something the whole family will love. All the flavours of pizza, but so much easier.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- 1 egg
- 1 can (10 1/2 oz., 1 1/4 cups) pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (4 oz.) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 package (6 oz.) sliced Mozzarella cheese
- Parsley (optional)
- Sweet cherry peppers (optional)
1. In large mixing bowl, place egg, pizza sauce, salt, pepper and KELLOGG'S
CORN FLAKES cereal. Beat until thoroughly combined. Add ground beef, onion
and mushrooms. Mix lightly but thoroughly. Press half the meat mixture evenly
in bottom of ungreased 8 x 8 x 2-inch pan. Place 2 slices of cheese over meat
mixture. Press remaining meat mixture evenly over cheese.
2. Bake at 350° about 1 hour or until meat begins to shrink slightly from sides
of pan (160 degrees F). Remove from oven.
3. Meanwhile cut remaining cheese into narrow strips. Lattice cheese strips
diagonally over top of meat. Return pan to oven and continue baking about
3 minutes longer or until cheese strips are slightly melted. Cut into squares.
Serve hot, garnished with parsley and sweet cherry peppers, if desired.