Pizza Hamburger Pie
All the flavors of pizza rolled into one meat pie will have your family requesting this entrée.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dry minced garlic
- 2 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 1 cup (4 oz.) low moisture, part-skim, shredded Mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 can (3 oz.) chopped mushrooms, well drained
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Sliced stuffed olives
- green bell pepper strips
1. In large mixing bowl, combine milk, salt, garlic and KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES cereal. Beat well. Add ground beef. Mix only until combined. Press mixture evenly in bottom and on side of 9-inch pie pan to form meat pie crust. Set aside.
2. In small mixing bowl, combine tomato paste, 1/2 cup of the Mozzarella cheese, mushrooms, sugar, onion, basil and oregano. Spoon into meat crust, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with remaining Mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Garnish with sliced olives and green pepper strips.
3. Bake at 350° F about 30 minutes or until meat is done (160 degrees F). Cut into wedges to serve. Serve hot.