Now you can give them their two favorite foods in one delicious dish! These meaty patties are flecked with pepperoni and generously seasoned with garlic and Italian spices. Next, they are grilled to perfection and topped with pizza sauce, olives, and melty mozzarella. Serve with homemade french fries for a perfect Saturday night treat!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal Buy Now
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound lean ground pork or ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pepperoni (1 oz.)
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce, warmed, divided
- 4 slices French bread, cut 1/2-inch thick and toasted
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced pitted ripe olives (optional)
1. In large bowl stir together egg, KELLOGG'S COMPLETE ALL-BRAN WHEAT BRAN FLAKES cereal, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Add ground meat and pepperoni. Mix well. Shape into four 3/4-inch thick patties.
2. Grill patties over medium coals for 11 to 14 minutes or until no longer pink, turning once halfway through grilling.*
3. Spoon about 1 teaspoon of the pizza sauce on each bread slice. Top with burger. Spoon remaining pizza sauce over burgers. Sprinkle with cheese and olives, if desired.
*NOTE: Patties may also be cooked in contact grill. Preheat contact grill for 5 minutes. Cook patties in grill for 6 to 9 minutes or until no longer pink (160 degrees F). Serve as directed above.