Pineapple Upside-Down Muffins
These individual pineapple-flavored dessert cakes are as pretty as can be, their pale yellow batter accented by a bright red cherry. Serve these muffins warm, inverted on a plate, accompanied by a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Yum!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 maraschino cherries, halved
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal Buy Now
- 1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple in juice (undrained)
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
1. Combine brown sugar and butter. Spoon scant teaspoon into each of
twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray. Place a halved
maraschino cherry in center of each muffin-pan cup.
2. Stir together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Set aside.
3. Measure KELLOGG'S COMPLETE Wheat Flakes cereal, undrained pineapple and milk into large mixing bowl. Stir to combine. Let stand 2 minutes or until cereal is slightly softened. Add egg whites and oil. Beat well. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined (batter will be thick). Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin-pan cups.
4. Bake at 400° F about 25 minutes or until browned. Invert onto serving
plate. Serve warm.