Pineapple Heavenly Creme
Folding whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture makes this dessert very light and fluffy.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® Corn Flake Crumbs Buy Now
- or 2 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter, softened
- 1 can (13 1/2 oz., 1 2/3 cups) crushed pineapple
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 pint (1 cup) whipping cream
1. In medium mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES cereal the
2 tablespoons sugar and margarine. Remove 2 tablespoons for topping.
Press remainder evenly and firmly in bottom of 8 x 8 x 2-inch pan to form
2. Drain pineapple, reserving liquid. Set aside. In 1-quart saucepan, mix
gelatin, sugar and salt. Add pineapple syrup and lemon juice, mixing until
smooth. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin is dissolved.
3. Place cream cheese in mixing bowl. Beat until soft and smooth. Gradually
add gelatin mixture and pineapple, stirring until combined. Set aside.
4. Pour cream into chilled bowl. Beat until stiff. Fold into cream cheese
mixture. Spread evenly in crumb crust. Sprinkle with reserved topping.
Chill until firm, about 2 hours. Store in refrigerator.