Pineapple Ham Loaf
A great main course for Sunday dinner that won't have you slaving all weekend in the kitchen! This sweet-and-sour pineapple ham loaf with a tangy mustard glaze cooks in minutes in your microwave. Serve it with mashed potatoes and our Oven Rice-Green Bean Amandine for a crowd-pleasing meal.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal Buy Now
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 pound ground cooked ham
- 1 pound ground uncooked pork
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 can (8 oz.) sliced pineapple drained reserving syrup for sauce
- reserved pineapple syrup
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
1. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S COMPLETE Wheat Bran Flakes cereal
and milk. Let stand 1 to 2 minutes or until cereal is softened.
2. Add egg. Mix well. Add ham, pork, onion, green pepper, salt, pepper, and
mustard. Mix until combined. Gently press evenly in ungreased 8 x 8 x 2-inch
glass baking dish. Sprinkle sugar over top of meat mixture. Arrange pineapple
slices over sugar.
3. Microwave on HIGH about 25 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in
center reaches 170° F. Cover and let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve
with Sweet and Sour Sauce.
4. To prepare Sweet and Sour Sauce; add water to reserved pineapple syrup to
measure 1 1/4 cups. Set aside. In 4-cup glass measuring cup, mix together
cornstarch and sugar. Stir in pineapple syrup mixture, vinegar, and mustard.
Cover with waxed paper or plastic wrap. Poke several holes in plastic wrap to
allow steam to escape.
5. Microwave on HIGH until mixture boils. Microwave on HIGH about 2 minutes
longer or until sauce is thickened and clear.