Pineapple Crisp Coffee Cake
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's Frosted Flakes® cereal
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter melted
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- Water (KICRecipeIngredient-15685)
- 1 can (8 1/4 oz.) crushed pineapple well drained reserving syrup
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
1. Combine the KELLOGG'S FROSTED FLAKES cereal with the 1 tablespoon melted
margarine, stirring until well coated. Set aside.
2. Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In large mixing bowl, beat the 1/4 cup margarine and the sugar until well
blended. Add egg. Beat well. Add water, if necessary, to reserved pineapple
syrup to measure 1/2 cup. Stir into egg mixture. Add flour mixture. Mix
thoroughly. Spread batter evenly in greased 9-inch round cake pan. Sprinkle
coconut and pineapple evenly over batter. Top with cereal mixture, pressing
gently into batter.
4. Bake 350° F about 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center
comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Serve warm.