Pineapple Cheese Torte
All the intense flavor of a lavish cheesecake resides in this pineapple-topped torte.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour 15 minutes
- 4 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- or 1 cup Kellogg's® Corn Flake Crumbs Buy Now
- 1/3 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg
- 1 can (13 oz., 1 3/4 cups) pineapple tidbits
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Combine KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES cereal, margarine and sugar in
8 x 8 x 2-inch pan. With back of spoon, press evenly and firmly in bottom of
pan to form crust.
2. Place cream cheese in mixing bowl. Beat until smooth and creamy.
Gradually add sugar and salt. Mix thoroughly. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating
well after each addition. Pour mixture into crust.
3. Bake at 375° F about 35 minutes or until center is set. Cool.
4. Drain pineapple, reserving syrup. In 1-quart saucepan, mix small amount
of syrup with cornstarch until smooth. Add remaining pineapple syrup and
lemon juice. Mix well.
5. Cook over medium heat until mixture boils, stirring constantly. Cook and
stir 1 minute longer. Remove from heat. Stir in pineapple and spread over
cooled torte. Place in refrigerator until thoroughly cooled. Cut into squares
to serve. Store in refrigerator.