Pineapple Carrot Raisin Muffins
A sure-fire way to get your family out of bed! These scrumptious morning glory muffins are bursting with plump, juicy raisins and tangy pineapple, all wrapped in a moist carrot-cake-like muffin. They're worth waking up for!
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cardamom (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- or 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal Buy Now
- 1 can (8 oz.) crushed, unsweetened pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup unsweetened orange juice
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup raisins
1. Stir together flours, sugar, baking powder, salt and cardamom. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal, pineapple including
juice and orange juice. Let stand about 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg
whites and oil. Beat well. Stir in carrots and raisins. Add flour mixture, stirring only
until combined. Portion batter evenly into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin pan cups lightly
coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 400° F about 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.