Pineapple Breakfast Swirls
Cinnamon rolls never had it so good! These delicious and pretty swirls are baked in individual muffin cups and topped with a tangy-sweet pineapple glaze that perfectly complements their biscuit-like texture.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. In 1-quart saucepan, combine the 1/4 cup margarine, 1/2 cup of the sugar and
pineapple juice. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves and
mixture boils about 2 minutes. Spoon into bottoms of twelve 2 1/2 inch muffin-pan
cups coated with cooking spray Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Using pastry
blender, cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
3. Combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and milk. Let stand about 2 minutes or
until cereal softens. Add to flour mixutre, stirring only until combined. Turn dough
out on lightly floured board and knead gently about 5 times. Roll out into 12 x 6-inch
rectangle. Brush with melted margarine. Sprinkle with mixture of the remaining
1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon. Roll in jelly roll fashion starting with the widest side.
Cut into 1 inch slices. Place cut side down in pineapple juice mixture.
4. Bake at 425° F about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.