Pineapple Breakfast Ring
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day ? and if you serve this double-pineapple upside-down cake, it will also be your family's favorite! Bursting with the zingy taste of pineapple and the goodness of All-Bran® cereal, this breakfast ring will bring summer-fresh flavor to your table any time of year.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 2/3 cup pineapple juice
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup shortening
1. In 1-quart saucepan, combine margarine, the 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup
pineapple juice. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves and
mixture boils about 2 minutes. Spoon into bottom of 8 1/2-inch ring mold coated
with cooking spray.
2. Stir together flour, the 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and pineapple
juice. Let stand about 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg and shortening.
Beat well. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Spread evenly over
pineapple glaze in ring mold.
4. Bake at 400° F about 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes
out clean. Turn upside down on warm serving plate. Let stand 5 minutes before
removing pan. Serve hot.