Pineapple Bran Coffee Cake
Crushed pineapple and fresh lemon juice give this simple coffee cake a sunny disposition and a delicate texture. Serve it for a midmorning snack, lightly dusted with powdered sugar and accompanied by a steaming cup of coffee or tea.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1. Stir together KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal, flour, brown sugar, soda and salt. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, beat together egg, milk, oil, lemon peel and juice. Stir in pineapple. Add cereal mixture, stirring only until combined. Spread evenly in 9 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with margarine and sugar.
3. Bake at 325° F about 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm.