The next time you have weekend guests, spoil them silly with these pretty pineapple spirals. Spiced with cinnamon and brimming with sweet, juicy pineapple, these elegant little biscuits are a lovely addition to your Sunday brunch table.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 2/3 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter, melted
- 1/2 cup drained, crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. In large mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Using pastry
blender, cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
2. Combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and milk. Let stand about 2 minutes
or until cereal softens. Add to flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Turn dough
out on lightly floured board and knead gently about 5 times. Roll out to 11 x 8-inch
rectangle. Brush with melted margarine. Spread with mixture of pineapple, sugar
and cinnamon. Roll in jelly roll fashion starting with widest side. Cut into 1-inch
slices. Place cut sides up in 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 450° F about 8 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.