Pineapple and Fruit Muffins
What if you could have your favorite fruit salad baked into a muffin? With this moist and sunny-tasting muffin, you can! Bursting with sweet pineapple, tart orange juice, it's a perfect addition to breakfast or afternoon tea.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple (packed in juice)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped mixed dried fruit
1. In medium bowl stir together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Set aside.
2. In large bowl combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN ORIGINAL cereal, undrained pineapple and orange juice. Let stand 3 minutes or until cereal is softened. Add egg whites and oil; beat well. Add flour mixture, stirring until just combined. Fold in dried fruit. Portion batter evenly into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray or lined with foil bake cups.
3. Bake at 400° F about 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm.