Pick your fruit and then make this tasty, satisfying, and delicious cobbler. Great on a summer evening.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
- 5 cups fresh pitted tart cherries, peeled and sliced peaches, sliced nectarines,
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® Frosted Mini-Wheats® Strawberry cereal Buy Now
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- Reduced-fat vanilla yogurt or vanilla ice cream (optional)
1. In 9 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish toss together fruit, 1/4 cup sugar, cornstarch and vanilla. Set aside.
2. In medium bowl stir together KELLOGG'S MINI-WHEATS STRAWBERRY DELIGHT cereal, flour, 3 tablespoons of the sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in sour cream until soft dough forms.
3. Drop dough into 9 mounds on top of fruit mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar. Bake at 350°F about 1 hour or until fruit mixture is bubbly and dumplings are golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes. Serve warm with yogurt or ice cream, if desired.