Peek-a-BOO Rice Krispies Treats™
You and your crew can scare up some frightfully delicious treats this Halloween. Their delicious Cookies & Crème flavor are sure to make friends and family scream with delight.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows or 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Cookies & Crème Krispies™ cereal
- Vanilla frosting
- Green and/or blue food coloring
- Candy eyes
- Red sprinkles
• In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
• Add Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal. Stir until well coated.
• Using buttered hands, shape cereal into 2-inch balls. Flatten slightly. Cool completely.
• Tint frosting with food coloring. Spread a circle of frosting on each cereal ball. Top with candy eyes. Shake red sprinkles on top. Let stand until set.
• Optional: Add 6 crushed chocolate sandwich cookies to recipe for extra crunch and flavor.