Pecan Tea Muffins
Start making your guest list! These lovely little mini-muffins are the perfect treat for an afternoon tea party. Studded with pecans and topped with a sweet sugar-and-cinnamon mixture, they are almost as much fun to make as they are to eat.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted
1. Stir together flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and milk. Let stand
about 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg and the 1/4 cup margarine. Beat
well. Stir in pecans. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Spoon evenly into
twenty-four 1 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 400° F about 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pans.
4. To make topping, stir together cinnamon and the 1/3 cup sugar. Quickly dip tops of
hot muffins in melted margarine. Then dip in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Serve warm.