Looking for an out-of-the-ordinary dessert to serve at your next dinner party? These cinnamon-glazed dumplings stuffed with fresh, ripe pears are elegant and easy! Serve them warm, with a scoop of French vanilla ice cream for a spicy, fruity, creamy delicacy.
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon imperials candies
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, divided
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 3 large pears, cored, peeled and cut in half crosswise
1. In 2-quart saucepan, combine water, the 1/2 cup sugar, cinnamon candies and
1/4 teaspoon of the nutmeg. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until
mixture starts to boil. Remove from heat.
2. Combine remaining sugar, remaining nutmeg and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In medium mixing bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt. With pastry
blender, cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4. Combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and milk. Let stand about 2 minutes or
until cereal softens. Add to flour mixture, stirring with fork until dough forms ball.
Divide dough evenly into 6 pieces.
5. On lightly floured surface, roll each dough piece into 7-inch round. Place pear half,
on each round. Sprinkle 1/6 of sugar-cinnamon mixture over each pear half. Gently
pull dough up and around pear, molding dough around pear, sealing completely.
Place in 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Pour hot cinnamon syrup over dumplings.
6. Bake at 375°F about 35 minutes or until pears are tender. Baste twice during
baking, with syrup around dumplings. Serve warm or cold.
Substitute 6 medium nectarines, peeled and pitted, for pears.
Subsitute 6 small cooking apples, peeled and cored, for pears.