Pear Bran Gingerbread
Moist and delicate meet crunchy and sweet - and together they make one great cake! This lovely snack cake is bursting with the juicy flavor of ripe, sweet pears and spicy gingerbread. Enriched with All-Bran® cereal and topped with toasted coconut and brown sugar, this cake is a flavor sensation just waiting to be discovered!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 55 minutes
- 1 can (15 oz.) pear halves
- 1 package (14.5 oz.) gingerbread mix
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons milk
1. Drain pears, reserving liquid. Cut pears into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
2. In medium mixing bowl, stir together dry gingerbread mix and the 1 cup KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal. Add enough water to reserved pear syrup to measure 1 1/4 cups. Add syrup-water mixture, egg and oil to dry mixture and beat until well blended. Pour into 9 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray and floured. Sprinkle pear pieces evenly over batter.
3. Bake at 350° F about 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean.
4. While cake is baking, prepare topping. In medium mixing bowl, combine the 3/4 cup cereal, brown sugar, coconut, margarine and milk.
5. Spread topping on warm cake. Broil until topping is bubbly and lightly browned, about 1 1/2 minutes. Cool before serving.