Peanut Sandwich Bread Recipe
Are you ready for the ultimate slice of toast? That's exactly what this kid-pleasing sandwich bread delivers. It's great on its own, with a bit of butter or jam, or topped with peanut butter for a double-duty pea-nutty treat! Yum!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour 15 minutes
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 cup finely chopped, salted peanuts
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup shortening, melted and cooled
1. Stir together flour, sugar and baking powder. Mix in KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN
cereal and peanuts. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine egg, milk and shortening. Add cereal mixture,
stirring only until combined. Spoon evenly into 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan coated with
3. Bake at 350° F about 1 hour or until wooden pick inserted near center comes
out clean. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.