Peachy Blueberry Coffeecake
Sweet chunks of canned peaches and fresh blueberries pack this coffeecake with fresh flavors and moistness.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 can (15 oz.) light sliced peaches
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Special K® Cereal Original
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
1. Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set
2. Drain peaches reserving liquid. Remove 1/2 cup peaches and chop. Set
aside. In food processor using metal blade, process remaining peaches until
smooth. Add to reserved liquid.
3. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S SPECIAL K cereal, the 1/2 cup
sugar, egg whites, oil and pureed peach mixture. Beat well. Add flour
mixture, stirring only until combined. Spread evenly in 9-inch cake pan coated
with cooking spray. Sprinkle chopped peaches and blueberries evenly over
batter. Press into batter slightly. Sprinkle with the 1 tablespoon sugar.
4. Bake at 350° F about 45 minutes or until golden and wooden pick inserted in
center comes out clean. Serve warm.
NOTE: Frozen blueberries, thawed and drained may be substituted for fresh