Parmesan Green Bean and Red Pepper Casserole
A rich, creamy Parmesan sauce envelopes the green beans and red peppers in this crunchy-topped casserole.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
1 1/2 cups
Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies®cereal
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted (divided)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups half & half
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 cups (24 oz.) frozen cut green beans, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup drained, chopped mild roasted red peppers
1. In small bowl toss together cereal, almonds and 1 tablespoon of the butter. Set aside.
2. In large saucepan cook onion and garlic in the remaining 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Cook and stir for 30 seconds more. Stir in half-and-half. Cook and stir until thickened and boiling. Remove from heat. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
3. Stir green beans and roasted peppers into Parmesan mixture. Pour into 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cereal mixture. Loosely cover with foil. Bake at 350° F for 20 minutes. Remove foil. Bake, uncovered, at 350° F for 30 to 35 minutes more or until bubbly and topping is golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.