Viva Italia! This crispy, oven-fried chicken features Italian dressing, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning − for a triple punch of Latin flavor. Serve this simple and yummy family favorite with a mixed green salad, buttered linguine, and a side of warm marinara sauce.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 3/4 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal Buy Now
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon sage leaves
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/3 lb. total)
- 4 teaspoons butter or margarine, melted
1. In shallow dish combine cereal, cheese and sage.
2. In another shallow dish combine flour, garlic powder, pepper and salt. In third shallow dish combine egg white and milk.
3. Trim any fat from chicken. Roll in flour mixture, shaking off excess. Dip in egg white mixture. Coat with cereal mixture. In shallow baking pan coated with nonstick cooking spray place chicken pieces in single layer. Drizzle with butter. Bake at 375° about 25 minutes or until no longer pink.