Parmesan Chicken Original
Parmesan cheese and dried rubbed sage are a classic flavor combination for crispy, oven-fried chicken. Serve this savory dinner entrée with a crisp green salad and mashed potatoes for a satisfying and comforting midwinter meal. And remember that this is a family-pleasing meal - be sure to make enough for seconds!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal Buy Now
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground sage
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 chicken pieces washed and patted dry (1 to 1 1/2 lbs.)
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter melted
1. Place KELLOGG'S COMPLETE Wheat Bran Flakes cereal in shallow bowl. Set
2. In small mixing bowl, beat egg and milk slightly. Add flour, salt, pepper,
sage, and cheese, stirring until smooth. Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture.
Coat with cereal. Place in single layer, skin side up, in greased or
foil-lined shallow baking pan. Drizzle with margarine.
3. Bake at 350° F about 45 minutes or until tender. Do not cover pan or turn
chicken while baking.
1. In shallow dish, beat egg and milk slightly. Add flour, salt, pepper,
sage, and cheese, stirring until smooth.
2. Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture. Coat with crushed KELLOGG'S COMPLETE
Wheat Bran Flakes cereal. Place in single layer, skin side up in shallow glass
baking dish. Drizzle with margarine. Cover with waxed paper or plastic wrap.
Poke holes in plastic wrap to allow steam to escape.
3. Microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes or until chicken is tender.