The taste of the tropics is baked right in! This recipe features crystallized ginger and chopped papaya for a yummy and welcome change from the everyday muffin. The sweetness comes from molasses and honey, while All-Bran® cereal adds a dose of fiber. A delicious and unusual on-the-go snack!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 1/4 cups skim milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon dark molasses
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup chopped, fresh papaya
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped, crystalized ginger
1. Stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and milk. Let stand
about 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add honey, molasses, egg and oil. Beat well.
Stir in papaya and ginger. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Portion
evenly into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray.
4. Bake at 400° F about 25 minutes or until muffins are golden brown. Serve warm.