Oven-Fried Fish Sticks
Crushed cereal is spiced with cayenne and dried herbs make this spicy, crunchy, New Orleans-style this dish. Use either catfish or tilapia fillets—both work great.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 pound fresh or frozen tilapia or catfish fillets, thawed if frozen
- 3 1/2 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves or dried basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
1. Cut fish into 1-inch-wide strips. Cut any long strips in half. Set aside.
2. On piece of wax paper toss together cereal, oil, thyme, onion powder, garlic salt and cayenne pepper. Place flour on another piece of wax paper. Pour milk into shallow dish.
3. Coat fish with flour, shaking off excess. Dip in milk. Roll in cereal mixture, coating all sides. Place in single layer on baking sheet lined with foil and coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° F for 6 to 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork. Serve hot.