Oriental Pasta Salad Recipe
A chilled pasta-and-vegetable salad with hints of Dijon mustard, sesame seeds and soy sauce
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 4-inch piece fresh ginger root, peeled
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 16 ounces bow tie pasta, cooked and drained
- 8 ounces snow pea pods, blanched
- 1 package (9 oz)
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
1. In small skillet, toast sesame seeds over medium heat until light brown (about 2 minutes); set aside for garnish.
2. Grate ginger into a fine sieve placed over a small bowl. Press out liquid with the back of a spoon to produce about 1 1/2 tablespoons of juice. Add mustard, vinegar, sesame oil, sugar and soy sauce to the ginger juice. Whisk dressing until smooth.
3. In large mixing bowl, toss together cooked pasta, snow peas and dressing. Chill.
4. Prepare MORNINGSTAR FARMS® GARDEN VEGGIE PATTIES according to package directions. Slice into 1/4-inch thick strips and stir into pasta mixture. Serve immediately or refrigerate.