Oriental Egg Pancakes
A savory combination of eggs, meat and vegetables, these Oriental-seasoned pancakes will remind you of a thin omelet.
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark molasses
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- or 1/2 cup Kellogg's® Corn Flake Crumbs Buy Now
- 1 cup cooked ham pork or chicken, cut in matchstick strips
- Vegetable oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
1. In 1-quart saucepan, combine cornstarch, soy sauce, molasses and vinegar.
Add broth, stirring until smooth. Cook over medium heat until mixture starts to boil,
stirring constantly. Continue cooking and stirring 2 minutes or until mixture is
thickened and clear. Heat on low while preparing pancakes.
2 In medium mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES cereal, meat,
onions, celery and salt. Add eggs and soy sauce. Thoroughly combine.
3. Heat small amount of oil in 12-inch fry pan over medium heat or on grill heated
to 350° F. For each pancake, portion 1/4 cupful of mixture onto heated surface.
Lightly brown on each side, turning only once. Drain on paper towels. Serve
hot with Oriental Sauce.