Oriental Beef and Vegetables
Skip the expensive and greasy takeout - and opt instead for this easy sweet-and-sour beef. It's tastier and healthier than restaurant fare, bursting with the flavors of pineapple, ginger and earthy soy sauce. And best of all you, can whip it up in no time, right in your own kitchen. A delicious Saturday night treat!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour 40 minutes
- 1 can (8 oz) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound beef sirloin steak, cut in thin strips
- 1 1/4 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 package (16 oz) frozen Oriental vegetables
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Set aside.
2. In glass bowl or closeable plastic bag, combine 2 tablespoons pineapple juice, ginger, soy sauce and garlic. Add beef and thoroughly coat with marinade. Cover or close bag and refrigerate 2 hours.
3. Crush KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN ORIGINAL cereal into fine crumbs. Coat beef with cereal. Set aside.
4. In small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining pineapple juice with enough water added to measure 1/3 cup liquid. Set aside.
5. In wok, stir-fry beef in oil until lightly browned. Pour cornstarch mixture over beef and bring to boil, stirring constantly. Add pineapple and vegetables. Return to boiling. Serve over hot rice.