Zing! You'll love this tasty, tangy new take on the classic cinnamon roll. These pretty spiral pastries are as delicious as they are lovely. With a luscious orange glaze that bakes right in, these rolls are a perfect addition to your next Sunday brunch.
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. In 1-quart saucepan, combine the 1/4 cup margarine, 1/2 cup of the sugar,
orange peel and orange juice. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until sugar
has dissolved and mixture has boiled about 2 minutes. Spread in bottoms of
twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Using pasty blender, cut in shortening
until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
3. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BAN cereal and milk. Let stand
about 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined.
Turn dough out on lightly floured board. Knead gently about 5 times. Roll in
12 x 6-inch rectangle. Brush with melted margarine. Sprinkle with mixture of
remaining 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon. Roll up in jelly roll fashion, starting with
the widest side. Cut into 1 inch slices. Place cut side down in orange mixture.
5. Bake at 425° F about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.