Orange Ginger Squares
Definitely a bar cookie with lots of appeal--these orange marmalade and walnut delights are not overly sweet and make a great accompaniment to an afternoon tea break.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 2 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, softened
1. Combine the 1 cup flour, sugar and the 1/3 cup margarine. Mix until crumbly.
Press into bottom of 9 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
2. Bake at 375° F for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
3. Combine marmalade, the 1/2 cup walnuts, ginger and almond flavoring.
Spread evenly over hot crust.
4. In small mixing bowl, mix together KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES cereal and
remaining ingredients. Sprinkle over filling. Pat down lightly.
5. Bake at 350° F for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Serve cold.