Orange Coffee Ring
Serve up something extraordinary with this ring-shaped coffeecake. Made with orange juice and grated orange peel. Your guests will delight in every bite bursting with sunshiny flavor.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons hot milk or light cream
1. Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, soda and salt. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and orange juice. Let
stand about 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg, shortening and orange peel.
Beat well. Stir in raisins. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Fill 8 1/4-inch
ring mold, coated with cooking spray, about 2/3 full.
3. Bake at 400° F about 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out
clean. Remove from mold. Let cool completely on wire rack.
4. Frost with icing made by combining powdered sugar and milk. If desired, sprinkle
icing with small amount of additional grated orange peel and decorate with walnut