Orange Coffee Cake
This lovely orange and almond cake is topped with a sunny-sweet layer of orange peel and brown sugar streusel. Serve it warm from the oven on a winter's day, whenever you need a reminder that summer is just a few months away. Perfect with a steaming cup of coffee or tea.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, softened
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 1/4 cups sifted cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup milk
1. Using pastry blender, cut margarine into the 1/3 cup flour, brown sugar and the
1 tablespoon orange peel until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside for
2. Sift together cake flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In large mixing bowl, beat shortening and granulated sugar until thoroughly
combined. Add egg, the 2 teaspoons orange peel and almond flavoring. Beat well.
Stir n KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal, orange juice and milk. Add flour mixture, stirring
only until combined. Spread evenly in 9 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan coated with cooking
spray. Sprinkle with topping, pressing lightly into batter.
4. Bake at 375° F about 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out
clean. Cut into squares and serve hot.