Orange Chicken Picatta
Lightly breaded chicken breasts enhanced with an orange-mustard sauce make this a perfect entrée for entertaining.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup Kellogg's® Corn Flake Crumbs Buy Now
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 lb. total)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 1 medium orange, halved and thinly sliced
1. On wax paper combine KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKE Crumbs and orange peel. Set aside. In shallow dish combine egg white and water. Set aside.
2. Place each chicken piece between two pieces of plastic wrap. Use flat side of meat mallet to lightly pound until 3/8-inch thick. Dip chicken pieces in flour. Shake off excess. Dip in egg white mixture and press in crumb mixture, coating both sides.
3. In very large skillet (12 inch) cook chicken piecs in 2 teaspoons of the oil over medium heat for 3 minutes or until golden brown. Turn. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to skillet. Cook about 2 minutes more or until done. Remove from skillet. Loosely cover with foil to keep warm.
4. Use paper towel to carefully wipe crumbs from skillet. Add orange juice, wine and mustard to skillet. Bring to boiling. Boil, uncovered about 4 minutes or until reduced to 3/4 cup. Meanwhile, stir together butter and cornstarch. Add to orange juice mixture, stirring until smooth. Cook over medium heat until mixture boils, stirring constantly. Continue cooking and stirring 1 minute longer. Remove from heat. Stir in onions.
5. Serve chicken over brown rice. Top with orange slices. Spoon orange sauce over all.