Let sunny citrus flavors brighten up your daily routine. Serve these honey-sweetened orange muffins alongside fruit salad for lunch or mixed fruit compote for breakfast.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup chopped dates or raisins
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
1. Stir together flours, baking powder and soda. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal, milk and orange
juice. Let stand about 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add honey, egg whites, dates
and orange peel. Beat well. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Portion
evenly into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray or paper
3. Bake at 400° F about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot.