OOT-Fray OOPS-Lay Cookies
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, lemon or orange extract
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Froot Loops® cereal
1. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in small mixing bowl. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl beat butter and sugar on medium speed of electric mixer. Add egg and vanilla; beat
well. Add dry ingredients; mix thoroughly. Divide dough into 3 portions; roll
each portion on waxed paper into rectangle measuring 11 x 6-inches. Sprinkle each
portion evenly with about 3 tablespoons KELLOGG'S FROOT LOOPS cereal; top with
waxed paper and gently press crumbs into dough. Chill 15 minutes.
3. Remove top sheet of waxed paper. Roll dough up tightly, beginning at
narrow side. Pinch edge to seal. Roll in remaining cereal. Wrap each roll in
waxed paper covering ends so dough will not dry out; chill until firm or
overnight. Slice about 1/4-inch thick; place on ungreased baking sheets.
4. Bake at 375° about 11 minutes or until golden brown.