These tender muffins get a savory kick of flavor from chopped fresh onion, dill and dry mustard - and a healthy kick of fiber from All-Bran® cereal. A tasty and unexpected accompaniment to chicken salad or clam chowder.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 3 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions, divided
1. Stirr together flours, sugar, baking powder, salt, dill weed and mustard. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and milk. Let stand
about 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg whites, oil and 1/4 cup of the onions.
Beat well. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Portion evenly into twelve
2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining
3. Bake at 400° F about 18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.