Oatmeal Cream Bars
These oat bars feature a creamy marshmallow topping.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Kellogg's® Cracklin' Oat Bran® cereal Buy Now
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla, divided
- 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Kellogg's® Cracklin' Oat Bran® cereal Buy Now
1. In medium bowl stir together flour, 1 cup KELLOGG’S CRACKLIN’ OAT BRAN cereal, oats and baking soda. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar on medium speed of electric mixer until combined. Add eggs and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla. Beat until fluffy. Add flour mixture, beating until just combined. Use moistened fingers to pat into 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350°F about 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven. Cool completely.
3. Meanwhile, in clean large mixing bowl beat marshmallow crème and shortening on medium speed of electric mixer until combined. Add powdered sugar, milk and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat until combined. (If necessary, beat in additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, until spreading consistency.)
4. Spread over baked layer. Sprinkle with additional cereal. Cut into 2-inch squares.