Nutty Apple-Raisin Stuffing
An unexpected holiday helper! Whether you're serving poultry, veal or pork, the apples and raisins in this easy and versatile stuffing will lend a subtle sweetness to your main course. With the addition of All-Bran® cereal, this stuffing can hold its own, even when paired with the richest cut of meat.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 10 cups day-old (dry) whole wheat bread cubes
- 2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal Buy Now
- 1/2 cup broken walnuts
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups chopped apples
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3 cups canned broth stock or hot water
1. In medium frypan, saute celery and onions in margarine until tender.
2. In large bowl, combine bread cubes, cereal, walnuts, poultry seasoning and
salt. Add celery and onion mixture, apples and raisins, toss gently. Stir in
broth and mix lightly until combined.
3. Spoon prepared stuffing into large casserole. Cover. bake at 350° F for 30
minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer.