Go nuts! And choose your favorite variety for this delicious quick bread. Pecans, walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts or even peanuts work beautifully in this sweet and delicious quick bread. Chock full of good fats, and even more chock full of flavor! Enjoy!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour 35 minutes
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons shortening, melted
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts, almonds etc)
1. Stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, beat egg with sugar until light. Add KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal, milk and shortening. Let stand about 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Stir innuts. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Spread evenly in 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 350° F about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Let stand in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.