Comfort food at its best! Homemade noodles are the ultimate fresh-from-scratch dinner dish. Their tender bite and delicate flavor can never be matched by boxed macaroni. To truly savor the flavor, serve them simply ? dressed only with butter or top-quality olive oil, a sprinkle of freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano and chopped fresh flat leaf Italian parsley. Simple has never tasted better!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour 30 minutes
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour*
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 2 egg whites
- 6 cups water or chicken broth
1. In large bowl, combine
2. Roll dough on well-floured surface to 1/16-inch thickness. Let dry 1 hour. Cut dough into 3-inch strips. Flouring dough slightly, if necessary, layer 4 or 5 strips on top of each other. Cut each stack, crosswise into 1/4-inch noodles. Spread noodles loosely on floured surface. Let dry about 2 hours.
4. Drop noodles into boiling water or chicken broth. Cook, uncovered about
10 minutes or until tender. Drain. Serve hot.
*Store whole wheat flour in the refrigerator or freezer to keep it as its best.