Is it possible to make a traditional, Southern pecan pie without the pecans? Well, maybe not. But what you can have is something better - a creamy, gooey, delicious dessert topped with chewy, sweet flaked coconut and enriched with All-Bran® cereal. When the pie is this good, we promise they'll never miss the nuts!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 9-inch pie crust, unbaked
1. In small mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and egg. Let stand
10 minutes or until cereal softens.
2. Measure margarine and sugar into large mixing bowl. Mix until well combined. Add
corn syrup, salt and coconut, mixing thoroughly. Stir in cereal mixture. Pour into pie
3. Bake at 350° F about 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out
clean. Cool thoroughly on wire rack before serving.
Easy Bran Pie Crust may be substitued for unbaked pie crust.