New Orleans Style Pecan Crusted Fish
Fish fillets with a delicious, crispy crust can still be lean and healthful. This oven-baked version features a spicy coating of Special K® cereal mixed with toasted pecan pieces.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3 3/4 cups Kellogg's® Special K® Cereal Original Buy Now
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless tilapia fillets, about 3/4 inch thick
- Olive oil cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 450° F.
2. In shallow dish combine KELLOGG’S SPECIAL K cereal, pecans, chili powder, paprika, salt, cayenne pepper and garlic powder. Set aside.
3. Pour buttermilk into another shallow dish. Spread flour in even layer on sheet of wax paper.
4. Cut tilapia into 4 serving-size pieces, if necessary. Lightly coat fish with flour. Dip into buttermilk, coating both sides. Generously coat both sides with crumb mixture, lightly pressing crumbs into fish. Place in single layer on baking sheet lined with foil and coated with cooking spray. Lightly coat tops of fish pieces with additional cooking spray.
5. Bake, uncovered, in preheated oven about 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Carefully turn fish with spatula. Bake at 450°F for 4 to 7 minutes more or until fish flakes easily. Serve immediately.