Amaze your family by turning an all-time favorite snack, nachos, into a hearty dinner casserole.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- 1 cup chunky taco sauce
- 1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chiles
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1/2 cup plain non-fat yogurt
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded, reduced fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 cups Kellogg's® Special K® Cereal Original
- 4 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- Chopped tomatoes
- Chopped green onions
- Sliced olives
- Low-fat sour cream
1. Combine taco sauce and chiles. Set aside.
2. In large fry pan, brown turkey and onions. Remove from heat. Drain. Add cumin, beans, yogurt, 1/2 cup of the cheese, half of the taco sauce mixture and water.
3. Place 2 cups of the KELLOGG'S SPECIAL K cereal in shallow 2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover with meat mixture. Top with remaining taco sauce mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cereal.
4. Bake at 350° F about 35 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Return to oven and bake just until cheese melts, about 5 minutes. Serve hot garnished with tomatoes, green onions, olives and sour cream.