Taste the delicious reason Swiss cheese and fresh mushrooms are a timeless, classic combination in quiche. This recipe is so delicious you'll want to prepare it for your family next weekend.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
1. In medium mixing bowl, stir together flour and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture
resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES cereal. Sprinkle water
over mixture, stirring with fork until dough holds together.
2. On lightly floured surface, roll dough to fit 9-inch pie pan. Place in pie pan. Trim
and flute edge even with top of pie pan.
3. Bake at 400° F for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and reduce temperature to
4. Sprinkle cheese evenly in pie crust. Top with mushrooms.
5. Beat eggs slightly. Stir in milk, salt and pepper. Pour evenly over mushrooms.
6. Bake about 50 minutes or until set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve hot.