Quinoa from the scrumptious MorningStar Farms® Roasted Garlic and Quinoa Burgers mingles with brown rice, shreds of sweet carrot, bits of green onions, toasted almond slivers and dried cranberries in this main-dish pilaf.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves or dried thyme leaves
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
1. In medium saucepan heat oil over medium-high heat. Stir in almonds. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden. Use slotted spoon to remove almonds from pan, leaving oil in pan. Set almonds aside.
2. Add rice to warm saucepan. Cook and stir over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Stir in broth, carrot, onion and marjoram. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 40 to 45 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
3. Meanwhile, cook MORNINGSTAR FARMS Roasted Garlic and Quinoa Burgers according to package directions. Cut into 1/2-inch pieces. Stir burger pieces, almonds and cranberries into rice mixture. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until heated through.